Friday, June 28, 2013

Reading: Cause and Effect

Obviously we live in a world filled with written (typed ;)!) word, so it is only natural to assume that literacy is an important skill to possess.

Could you imagine for just one second a world without written word? A world where we didn't read?

I know! I'm upset just thinking about it!

We use books and other forms of writing as an escape, record information, pass down information, and even as communication.  I complain all the time about having to document on my patients, but the truth is without that written/typed record of their care we'd be moving in circles with their care. 

So what does reading do for our brain?  Obviously it helps to expand our vocabulary.  Think of all the words you learned this week from stumbling upob them as you read? 

So, until part two of this subject I'm going to read and write!

(Part 1 of 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment