Thursday, January 17, 2013

Serenity...A Glimpse on the Inside

No one can see the terrible things that I see.  The dreams that haunt me as I sleep.  And when I wake, it is to a truth that could become the nightmare I've just escaped.  Every morning when I look into my daughter's eyes I can see that she too sees things that no toddler should ever have to.  I can only hope that she'll grow strong and embrace who she is.
The time for Salin's invasion is nearing, and I can't help but think that we are not ready.  These people have endured so much.  The blue death has taken from them things that they can never hope to replace: mothers, sisters, lovers.  But now I can see that the threat has set their eyes on somewhere else.  Their greed unfathomable as they prepare to savage yet another planet without regard to the lives they will erase.
I wish that I could say that I understand their motives, but in truth I don't.  I can only hope that we can overcome.

~Serenity

To Earth:
I am Serenity, and once I lived on Earth.  About four years ago my friend Anna and I found that we were not alone in the universe.  Eon, my husband now, took me from Earth of my own free will, and in that time I've learned that the Salinian's are people, just like you and I.  My plea is that you give them a chance, because I fear in the end they will also be your saving grace.  
Listen to them, and remember that we are all the same, though their skin is just a shade of red as opposed to our own varying shades.  

Thank you,

Serenity

No comments:

Post a Comment