Friday, April 26, 2013

And the rut has begun...

Something we've all faced is a rut...With me it's been getting my butt to the gym!  It's a given that I work twelve hour shifts and afterwards the last thing I wanna do after walking up and down halls, running into rooms, bagging that last patient....the list goes on...is walk/run (running in my dreams) on a treadmill.  So, what's a overworked nurse to do?  

Change it up, of course.  

I walk plenty on a daily basis during a shift.  Don't believe me ask my tennis shoes.  So, the last thing I want to do is walk another couple of miles on the treadmill.

I think this week I'm going to try the cycle.  It looks pretty fun.  And then I'm going to do some dancing.  Dancing is fun and gets your whole body moving.  Phew!  I almost allowed myself to fall into a rut!

Here's the thing about ruts, it doesn't have to be exercise, though that is what Fridays are now about.  You can have a rut in your diet.  Variety is how we stay healthy, unless you have the perfect diet, that is.  We crave different foods to get the nutrients that we need from day to day.  I don't want string cheese every day just like last night I wanted tomato soup and not broccoli and cheese!  So don't be afraid to spice up your workout, your dinner, and dare I say it...your love life!

No comments:

Post a Comment