Tuesday, November 20, 2012

To, Too and Two!



There are lists of words that sound alike and people often use incorrectly. A set of those words is to, too and two. Yeah, two is pretty easy to differentiate from the others, but to and too...even I have to think sometimes!




Let's make it simple:




Two- The number. Two of something. Ex. There are two cats in the box.




To- used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from. Ex. I went to the concert last night.




Too-in addition; also; furthermore; moreover; to an excessive extent or degree; beyond what is desirable, fitting, or right




So, let's have some fun with this!




I am two tired. Today I went too the market from six too four. I stood in line to. Buying items for to weeks is just exhausting. That is why I am two tired.




I don't know why I find this hilarious. I guess I'm just a nerd that way!

What started this?  A co-worker who thrives on finding grammatical and spelling errors.  It drives her absolutely insane and we love to make sure she is never completely sane!

No comments:

Post a Comment