Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Working in the Pinewood Creek ER: Part 2 of 2

He turned those big brown eyes on me and I sighed (in my mind, because it is so unprofessional to sigh aloud!).  Xavier was one good looking male--not that Skylar wasn't just as hot.  I shook my head and tried to focus.

Xavier: I didn't think it'd be this way.
Astrid: What would be this way?

He ran his fingers through his hair, then threw his hands in the air.

Xavier: I don't know--this.
Astrid:  I realize you're going through lots of things, but I'm kind of lost.
Xavier:  Sorry, it's just I don't know exactly what's going on myself.  Three months ago I find out my ma-boyfriend cheated on me, but now I want the person he cheated on me with...hell, I can't live without her.
Astrid:  Aspen?

Xavier nods.  I'm pretty much with the program at this point...Skylar and Xavier are mated and now Aspen has been thrown into the mix...somehow?  It's starting to sound a lot like those romance novels I read too much of.  Ah, who the hell am I kidding?  You can never read too much romance-erotic or otherwise!  I glance at my watch again...It's 7:50 p.m. and that means I've got--NO! NO! Focus!!!

Xavier: Yes.  I just don't know what to do?
Astrid:  What's upsetting you most?

He rests his head on his hands and sighs.

Xavier: I'm not sure.
Astrid:  Sure you are.  What upsets you most?  And don't think about it, just say something.
Xavier:  That I'll be replaced.

I pat his shoulder.  I sure wouldn't leave him if I were Aspen--or Skylar for that matter.

Astrid:  What makes you feel like that?
Xavier: I don't know.

I sigh.  We could do this all night, but I've really got to get some sleep so I can come back in the morning.

Astrid:  Obviously you're not secure in your relationship with Skylar, so you feel like he'll leave you for her.  
Xavier:  Maybe.
Astrid:  Look, he could've left you three months ago.  He could've left you when he came to find Aspen....or whatever, but he didn't.  You're right here with him.  I think you'd both benefit if you'd sit down and talk with one another.  Communication is an excellent tool.

Xavier nods but I can see he's got to work this out for himself before he'll even think about talking with Skylar.  I've done what I could, and I'm pretty drained.  I can only imagine how drained Xavier is.  I stand and pat him on the shoulder.

Astrid:  I've got this feeling, Xavier.  I've got a feeling that everything will work out.

Xavier nods but I can tell he doesn't believe me.  And quite frankly I'm not sure if I trust this feeling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment