Each Halloween bunches and bunches of children (and adults) dress up in their costume finery to trick-or-treat! Each time they knock on your door or ring your bell they are patiently ; ) waiting for you to hand them a couple of pieces to a handful of goodies. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. So, what candies are the kiddies chomping down, much to the dismay of dentists and doctors alike, and which ones are they throwing to the side to sit in a bowl until next Halloween?
Never fear, I've scoured the internet and found many lists about the best and worst candies to give the kiddos. So, read on, stock up and watch the delight cross their little painted faces!
The Worst! :(
You remember these candies, the ones relegated to the bowl kept in the living room that was never eaten. Eventually, Mom threw them out, because not even the adult wanted to steal them.
Here are the worst according to online lists:
- Smarties? It's true, they made the list. I uses to eat these, though. So who knows, the kids of today don't know what they're missing!
- Raisins. Huh? Yeah. There was that one lady who always gave a box of raisins. Needless to say they weren't the first things being poured down my throat as a child.
- Pencils. It's not edible and they expect me to do homework with it. Some people like to do treat bags with pencils and candy - usually raisins.
- Good & Plenty. I hated these things, but I don't like licorice.
- Dots. What are these things anyways. I believe they came from an alien planet where their alien tree sap was mixed with color and packaged in a box. :(
- Hard candies. Most don't like them. I like those strawberry things and the lifesavers though.
- Bubblegum! Are these people crazy???? I love bubble gum and it was the first to be chewed, bubbles blown and/or thrown away in the proper trash can (sometimes I swallowed it :( )
Now for the best...The candy that has them salivating like rabid beasts...
- Reese peanut butter cups. Nuff said
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
- Milky Way
- Kit Kat
- Tootsie Rolls
So get out there and buy up that candy for the hordes!!!!!