Thursday, October 4, 2012

Favorite Scary Movies!

I'm talking pee in your pants scary!!!!  Most people love scary movies.  We even set the mood with no lights (except the television screen), sitting on the edge of our seats, and it has to be night time!  

These are the five movies that made me sleep with the lights on for weeks or in some cases not answer the phone!!!!


#5. The Ring (Link)

A lot of people didn't think this was scary.  To them I say, picture this...
Sitting on the couch at the edge of your seat as the movie nears its end.  Not a sound can be heard but the breathing of your siblings on the couch with you, the occaisional howl of the wind against the house, and the annoying sound of the couch cushion as your sister adjusts her position once again.  Not a light is on in the house and the clock strikes midnight when the iconic scene flows across the scene.  (You know the one in the movie that afterwards the phone rings and you're given a set number of days to live)  The screen goes black leaving us in pitch darkness...and the phone rings!  AHHHHHHHH!  
So who called?  We don't know, because we didn't answer it. We learned our lesson from the fools on screen who got slaughtered.

#4. Nightmare on Elm Street (Link)

Yeah, yeah.  Lot's of gore as a dude hacks into some teens.  But the scariest part is the dream kills you (YIKES!).  We've all heard about if you die in your dreams then you'll die in real life, and I don't know about you, but I've had some really life threatening dreams (One involving a zombie apocalypse)!  Think if you couldn't wake up from your worst nightmare...

#3.  Poltergeist (Link)

I don't care what you say, if something tells me to vacate the house I'm packing my stuff.  And if it has a problem with me packing my stuff, well I can always buy new stuff!  

#2.  Child's Play (Link)

This ain't your comedy/horror Chucky from The Seed of Chucky - no this is a doll that kills people and not in a comedic relief way.  I think what made it scarier to me was my age.  I was a little girl when I watched this for the first time (around eight or nine) and I had a vast collection of dolls.  I still treat them with care and respect--just in case.

#1.  Paranormal Activity (Link)

This one takes the tops spot because...I jumped up and ran out of the room!  Yep!  I'm not ashamed to say that the person being thrown into a room was damn scary.  I wasn't the only one and was nearly taken down by a family member heading in the same direction.


At the risk of sounding cliche...What's your favorite scary movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment