- A bird in the house is a sign of death. (Never heard this before!)
- A horseshoe in the bedroom will keep the nightmares away. (I always had a dream catcher)
- A broken mirror is seven years bad luck
- The number 13 just has one heck of a bad rep!
- Apparently, giving a knife as a gift to just about anyone is bad luck. A neighbor will become your enemy, a lover will leave you, etc...
- The spouse to go to sleep first on the wedding day will be the first to die.
There are literally thousands, even some for acorns...
Anyways, you can find a big list at bored.com
And then there are those that I do without thinking...
- I always throw a pinch if salt over my shoulder if I spill some.
- I sometimes find myself avoiding cracks in the floor (Don't want to break my mother's back!)
- I don't open umbrellas in the house (although I think that's more because I'm scared I'll break stuff)
- I have seen who I'll marry by twisting the stem off an apple. (I'm still waiting....)
- I once threw a stolen dish towel in the woods to get rid of warts (I used to have them on my knee and thumbs). (Hey, I was eight!) It didn't work, although, when I rubbed my mothers pregnant belly...Viola! They went away!
The Witch's Birthday Brew will be out on October 20, 2012!
A Game of Cat & Mouse will be out on November 15, 2012 and there are three ways to get your hands on an ARC copy. Check out www.astridcielo.com for more information!