Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Laughter! Just What the Doctor Ordered!



Laughter is probably one of the things I do most!  I love to laugh and I have a wide sense of humor.  What does that mean?  I find lots of things funny.  From dry humor to immature!  I think I'm blessed to have such a great sense of humor!  

So, what is your sense of humor?

Laughter: The science behind it...

It all starts in the limbic system (The part of the brain that is involved in emotional and motivational behaviors.)  Something triggers our laughter and I won't go into all the details, but scientists have theories on what we find funny. (Check out source article for more info on that)  So why don't we all think the same things are funny?  Scientists say it's a cultural thing and the most defining factor seems to be age.  Makes sense, right?  Think about that show that you thought was hilarious as a child, pre-teen or young adult and now think about them now.  Are they still as funny? 
No matter the reason, the theories and other stuff, we do get certain health benefits from laughing.  For example, laughter helps to balance the immune system.  We've all heard that laughter is the best medicine!  So, now that you know...Laugh a little bit more!
Article on why we laugh: Click HERE to read!


No comments:

Post a Comment